Scalea Info Forums - Your window on Calabria in English  

Go Back   Scalea Info Forums - Your window on Calabria in English > General Forum for all members / Forum per tutti i membri > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself Are you new to the forum - tell us about yourself, we would love to hear your story

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-05-2011, 23:14
Chris

Default Hello

Our names are Kathleen and Chris. We are from Dublin and have bought an apartment in Parco Dafi in Belvedere Marittimo. This is our first time using the site.
We have heard that the railway station in Belvedere is closed. Does anybody know if this is true?
Old 03-06-2011, 03:21

Location: Berkshire + appartment in central Scalea nr Spar Shop
Smile Station in Belvedere

Hi guys & welcome to the forum

Have just been on the Italian rail web site and it would have let me buy a ticket on the slow regional train from Naples to Belvedere for E11.70 single, Lesley & Brian (Italy4me) live just outside Belvedere up the hill, I am sure they would be happy to check the station out for you.

Good luck with your new venture, we have had our apartment in Scalea since 2007
and we just love the place,

ps check out the little cafe /bar on the sea front near the church, we had lovely coffee & cakes to die for on a wet sunday afternoon in belvedere back in march

best wishes john & josephine
Old 16-07-2011, 11:03

Default Train to Belvedere

We have had an apartment at Belvedere for a few years and usually hire a car out of season and take the train in the summer, when we use the apartment for a beach holiday. We usually come from Naples, change at Sapri. The Euro tain is really nice but more expensive. My sister joins us from Dublin and she flies into Rome and catches the night train which goes to Poalo and then doubles back to Belvedere. There is no office at the train station but there is a travel agent on the main road where tickets can be bought (the lady is really helpful)